Taino Leader Hatuey
A collaboration between the Universities of Havana, Cuba & Zaragoza, Spain.
Extracts from the papers:
1. Cuba: The pivotal place for Spanish and Caribbean relations, by Jose G. Cayuela Fernandez.
2. The lucid pessimism of the Governor General of Cuba: The correspondence of Martinez Campos with the Minister
of Colonial Affairs, June 1895 to January 1896, by Carlos Forcadell Alvarez.
3. The Cuban society in the face of independence, by
Maria del Carmen Barcia Zequeira.
4. Spain and Cuba: between the 19th and 20th centuries, by Aurea Matilde Fernandez Muniz.
5. The Push-Pull of the Spanish emigration across the Atlantic, by Maria Carmen Faus Pujol.
6. Cuban Spanish vocabulary observations, by Jose Maria Enguita Utrilla
7. The last years of the 19th Century: The evolution of the Cuban language, by Marlen Dominquez Hernandez
and Ana Maria Gonzalez Mafud
8. Language in the Cuban National Project, by Marlen Dominquez Hernandez and Ana Maria Gonzalez Mafud
9. Luisa and Juana: Two femine views of Cuban literature in the 19th Century, by Denia Garcia Ronda
10. New monuments in public spaces: Essence and appearance of change, by Maria de los Angeles Pereira Perera.
11. Modernism or Art Nouveau in the Havana architecture, by Maria Pilar Poblador Muga.